For three decades of proven experience, DS’s Forensic Laboratories enable law enforcement agencies worldwide to investigate crime scenes, identify criminals, solve crimes, and produce forensic evidence for use in a court of law.
DS Forensic Laboratories include full investigation facilities and services:
- DNA and Forensic Biology: Streamlines DNA isolation, quantification, and determination procedures to minimize human error, reduce contamination, and increase data integrity and traceability.
- Forensic Chemistry: Provision of laboratory equipment, tools and forensic techniques for detection and identification of chemical materials and substances such as drugs, explosives, body fluids and poisons based on approved legal and scientific methods.
- Fingerprints: Development of latent fingerprints based on chemical, physical, and optical techniques. All results are stored in an “Automated Fingerprint Identification System” (AFIS) database for fast electronic identification, search and distribution.
- Firearm Ballistics: Analysis of spent cartridges, bullets, and firearms in shooting related crimes, enabling investigators to compare microscopic, digital computer images based on data stored in the Integrated Ballistics Identification System (IBIS).
- Questioned Documents: Verification of authenticity of traditional and digital documents including handwriting comparison.
- Crime Scene Investigation: Crime scene documentation, recovery and collection of physical objects and trace evidence based on recognized forensic guidelines and methods.
- Trainings: DS offers a wide range of training programs lead by world-class specialists with extensive experience in forensic and criminal investigations. The Trainees, law enforcement professionals, forensic investigators and laboratory technicians, gain expert knowledge and high level on-the-job skills to perform any type of forensic investigation.
DS creates a regulated working environment to support all kinds of forensic investigation activity. This environment combines the various labs and their specific needs together with comprehensive infrastructure solutions including communication systems, laboratory utilities, furniture, security etc
DS forensic laboratories also include built-in technical and logistics support to ensure continual, long term operation and management of all forensic investigation activities.